WDA Membership Categories & Dues
Below are listed the different membership categories for joining the Worldwide Dragonfly Association. All categories can be purchased with a subscription to the International Journal of Odonatology (IJO), and there are options for having a printed copy of IJO mailed to you, as well as being granted online access. Check out our member benefits page for more perks of being a WDA member.
Membership dues are collected yearly. You can renew your membership by contacting Alison Paskins (email: Alison.Paskins@tandf.
Once you’ve decide on a membership category, you can start the registration process by filling out the form here.
Student & developing nations category
This category is open to all students (grade-school, undergraduate, graduate, etc.), as well as any person (student or non-student) who resides in a developing nation. Proof of studentship or developing-nation residency is requested but there are no other strings attached, although we would of course appreciate copies of students’ published material.
- £10/$14/€11 – no IJO subscription
- £30/$39/€35 – IJO subscription (online access, only)
This is the most typical membership category and is for non-students individuals.
- £27/$39/€31 – no IJO subscription
- £55/$72/€63 – IJO subscription (online access, only)
- £60/$78/€69 – IJO subscription (online + print access)
This category was designed so that 2 or more members of a family, all interested in Odonata, could join the Association as a family instead of being force to take out separate memberships. It comes with up to 4 subscriptions to IJO. To reap the benefits of the family category, you’ll need to be two or more individuals requesting membership, residing in the same household.
- £70/$91/€81 – IJO subscription (online access, only)
- £75/$98/€86 – IJO subscription (online + print access)
Affiliated societies category
If your academic or amateur society would like to be affiliated with WDA, please contact the WDA President (via firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Journal subscriptions are available to affiliated societies for distribution to their membership.
- £80/$114/€92 – IJO subscription (online + print access)
Sponsored membership category
The WDA offers free membership including a subscription to the International Journal of Odonatology in the form of a Sponsored Membership. Read more about this membership category here, and apply by sending the following to the WDA Secretary (email@example.com):
- a letter of recommendation from a WDA member OR your odonatological CV
- state whether you are unable to afford a membership due to currency or other restrictions