WDA conservation and research grants
Aim: To stimulate research and conservation of dragonflies.
Amounts: The grants vary from 500 to 1000 euro. About 2000 to 3000 euro is available each year.
Eligibility: Applicants shall be members of WDA. These grants are mainly aimed at projects for which no other funding is possible, although co-funding from other appropriate sources, for instance, the International Dragonfly Fund (IDF), is possible. Straightforward faunal surveys in well-studied areas will not be considered.
Awards: Funds may be awarded for equipment, supplies, and travel expenses. No funding is available for visits to symposia. However it is possible to receive funding when organising a symposium on dragonflies.
Application date: Applications can be submitted throughout the year to the Chair of Conservation and Fund Committee via the WDA secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Procedure: The board of the WDA will make decisions regarding applications within three months of receiving the application.
Applications: Applications can be concise. but they do need to contain all necessary information:
- Name, address, date of birth and details on bank account of the applicant (Name, Address, Bank Name, Bank Address, Account Number and when available IBAN or Swift Code)
- Current position, description of your previous experience with dragonflies in relation to the proposed project, and list of previous publications if relevant to the project
- Are you a current WDA member?
- Name of project, justification for research, description of the activities undertaken. Make clear that the project has a good chance of success.
- Description of the expected results: e.g. which articles are expected as result of the project, where will collected material be stored (if relevant)
- Financial details: overview of all cost made for the project, financial input from other parties or yourself, the amount you would like to receive from the WDA fund
- Indicate how you will continue to fund the project if the WDA supplies only a portion of the total funds that you request
- Include a statement that you agree if you receive the grant 1) to have your name and project title publicized with respect to the grant on the WDA website, meeting minutes and in Agrion; 2) to submit a report to the WDA about your project within 3 months of its completion and that this report may be published in Agrion.
Please be sure that your application is complete in order that you may receive timely consideration.